Energy Consultant / ESOS Lead Assessor
Contract Term: Permanent/Full time/Part time considered
Location: Flexible, London, home working with travel across UK
Closing date: 22nd November 2018
About the role:
We are seeking two Energy Consultants to support our energy audit work across the UK. Ideally one role will be filled by an Energy Consultant with ESOS lead assessor status (such as through Energy Institute, CIBSE).
We are looking for experienced engineers/consultants with experience in supporting commercial and/or industrial organisations to assess and implement cost effective energy saving opportunities and renewable energy solutions. This role would suit professionals with experience in client facing energy consultancy roles, with an evidenced track record of delivering impactful energy audits.
The scope of the role will include:
• Providing technical advice on energy and carbon reduction projects across primarily UK corporates (commercial and industrial)
• Account management for clients in the UK;
• Supporting wider Carbon Trust work in the UK and internationally; and
• Supporting Carbon Trust with business development and client relationship management.
The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Deliver high quality technical consultancy services on energy efficiency and renewable energy topics, in particular to UK corporates (including SMEs);
• Lead ESOS client engagements (important for one of the positions to be filled by an ESOS lead assessor - such as Energy Institute, CIBSE)
• Develop, manage and maintain excellent client relationships; establish client drivers and needs in relation to the low carbon and local energy agenda to inform and influence strategic energy activities;
• Support clients in developing business cases for projects;
Key skills we are looking for:
• Good technical knowledge and application across key building and industrial energy consuming technologies and renewable energy solutions;
• Organised and efficient with excellent project management and project delivery skills;
• Excellent client management skills, applying a high standard of interpersonal skills to build client relationships and influence stakeholders;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise format, suitable for non-specialists;
• Numerate with good Excel skills.
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree calibre - qualified in a relevant energy, engineering and/or science discipline;
• Significant work experience as an energy consultant or energy manager;
• Significant experience of providing technical consultancy services on buildings and/or industrial sites - focusing on energy efficiency or renewable energy opportunities;
• ESOS lead assessor status (required for one of the two roles being recruited)
• Ability to build and manipulate energy models using MS Excel, and develop technical reports / business cases in MS PowerPoint;
• Ability to communicate technical information fluently (both written and spoken) in English;
• Membership of a relevant professional institution e.g. CIBSE, Energy Institute (desirable);
• Insight into carbon and energy policy in the UK;
• Ability to identify and support business development opportunities.
Understanding of and support for the Carbon Trust's mission is considered an essential pre-requisite for this role.
All applicants require the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY