Job Location: Edinburgh
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
The PBA Geotechnical team in Scotland are part of a strong geotechnical and geo-environmental capability across the UK with a significant pool of expertise and experience that allows us to tackle a full range of projects. The team is currently undergoing a phase of growth driven by the projects we deliver for our clients, which are often complex and therefore challenging and rewarding.
To support our growth we are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our conveniently located Edinburgh office. Working closely with your colleagues you will undertake a wide range of geotechnical and geo-environmental projects from single discipline due diligence and emergency stabilisation works through to large multi-disciplinary land development sites as part of planning, site acquisition and construction teams.
The trend in project work undertaken in Scotland is towards larger, multidisciplinary projects with ample opportunity for collaboration with various teams across the UK. PBA has recently merged with Stantec consolidating the potential for further exciting opportunities and growth.
• Liaison with in-house and external clients on a wide variety of projects
• Phase 1 land stability and contaminated land desk studies
• Phase 2 Ground investigations: design, procurement, supervision, management, interpretation and reporting
• Geotechnical data assessment, analysis and reporting for GIR and GDR
• Field work directing and supervising contractors and undertaking logging, sampling and monitoring of soils, rock, gas and groundwater.
• Supervising and monitoring earthworks, construction and stabilisation projects
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic Geotechnical team. You will be exposed to a multi-faceted role to further develop your existing capabilities. You will be encouraged and given the opportunity to contribute your ideas freely.
You are degree educated in Geotechnics or Geology (or Civil Engineering with modules in Soil Mechanics or Environmental Science with Geology and Maths modules) with proven post graduate experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
You will have a strong understanding of:
• Geotechnical principles including earthworks, foundation design and slope stability
• Soil and rock logging
• Knowledge and interest of contaminated land and remediation
• Computer literacy in MS Office suite and ideally settlement and slope stability analysis software
You are ideally working towards your Chartership of at least one professional institution.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
Please mention The GreenJobs Network of Websites when responding to this Job Posting