THE ROLE IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE ALREADY LIVING AND WORKING IN ABERDEEN AS A JOURNALIST
VesselsValue is an online valuation and market intelligence service, operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht spaces. We currently have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds, shipowners, operators and more. We employ over 150 people across our 8 offices in Aberdeen, London, Stoke, Isle of Wight, Singapore, South Korea, China and Philippines.
We are a creative, forward thinking and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting and transparent environment, with a young but fast growing global company. You can grow with us.
This role will be based in Aberdeen but will require some trips to other offices supporting the Offshore sector.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional Journalist to produce content for internal and external use. You will work in the Shipping markets specifically the Offshore Oil and Gas sector and be supported by our existing Offshore team in London, Singapore and Manila. The ideal candidate will be happy to cold call owners, operators, charterers and equally at home interviewing face to face. You will be giving information to get information, finding out new info, something we can use to create content and enhance our database.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
• Create and writing reports on analysis of the offshore market
• Following the Offshore Sale Market trends.
• Building and maintaining relationships with Offshore Ship owners, Rig Owners, Charterers, Brokers, Oil majors and other Journalists
• Collecting important information such as charter rates, transaction prices and general market updates for the OSV and Drill Rig sector.
• Creating content and pitching press release dates
• Attending sales meetings to support Business Development Executives
• Work alongside the Company's Offshore team to increase overall Offshore exposure
• Daily maintenance of our bespoke offshore database. This is a vital role as the data base is at the heart of everything we do.
Key skills required
• Experience as a Journalist more important than shipping/offshore knowledge.
• Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) and organizational skills
• A strong work ethic and eager to learn
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to work both independently and in collaboration with teams
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Start date ASAP
Salary £25k-£30k, for 2-5 years experience, + potential for company bonus. Later, you could be eligible to join the company share option scheme. This role is not commission based, all employees will be paid a full salary.