Regulatory Services - Industry Regulation Officer - South East
Number of jobs available
Welwyn Garden City , West Malling
Orchard House, Alchemy, Bessemer Road, AL7 1HE
At the Environment Agency we are looking for environmental professionals across the South East of England with knowledge and experience of different industrial processes to be responsible for the regulation of sites under the Environmental Permitting Regulations.
You will support a range of compliance assessment activities, including auditing, at a wide range of waste and industrial sites to ensure permit compliance to protect the environment, prevent pollution and optimise use of resources
You will use your influencing and negotiating skills to secure best practice, often dealing with people at senior levels within industry, local communities and other interested groups. You will also respond to incidents making sure suitable preventative and protective action is implemented. At times you will set conditions under which a site may continue to operate and enforce the law should they fail to comply.
As part of a team of highly professional Industrial and Waste Regulators you will play a leading role in tackling a diverse range of environmental challenges in sectors such as waste incineration, landfill, pharmaceutical manufacturing, combustion, paper and pulp, chemicals, food and drink, Control of Major Accident Hazard Regulations 1999 (COMAH), on-shore oil and gas and refineries.
Locations and number of posts:
West Malling, Kent: 2x G4 posts
Welwyn Garden City: 5 x G4 posts
We're seeking someone with industrial experience gained through regulatory, consultancy or industry roles.
• You'll be able to demonstrate your practical operational experience and knowledge of environmental regulation;
• You'll have experience of delivering environmental improvements using a range of tools;
• You'll have a broad range of technical knowledge together with strong interpersonal and team-working skills;
• You'll be proactive, self-motivated and a confident communicator, used to influencing and negotiating to deliver outcomes;
• You'll be part of a team sharing skills and experience to deliver the best outcomes for the environment.
Whilst a degree is not required, a science background is essential